This job is no longer available
ICIS operates as the world-leading commodity pricing service, offering unrivalled coverage of global energy and chemical markets through an integrated editorial team. ICIS has been established for 30 years, and commands the respect within the industry which you would expect from a long-term player, but with that we are still experiencing very quick growth as a brand and require a Markets Editor.
The role of the Markets Editor is to write a portfolio of high profile reports and ICIS news articles, and to contribute to price reports and news produced by others as appropriate, and in other areas as required. The role will also involve sub-editing the price reports and/or news reports of colleagues.
You will be required to maintain a high profile in the industry and may be required to give public presentations on areas of expertise along with visiting contacts and clients, undertaking business travel as appropriate to promote reports and attend conferences and industry events.
The position is based in Sutton
- Conscientious news and pricing cover of key features of own markets(e.g. pricing, contracts, productions issuers, exports/imports, global context etc) through possession of high level of industry knowledge
- Take responsibility to monitor price database for accuracy and functionality
- Maintain contact lists for own reports according to established policy
- Make regular telephone contacts with clients/contacts
- Having regular face-to-face meetings with Key Contacts (including conference attendance)
- Networking with contacts and clients
- Excellent research and writing skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational and team working skills
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Analytical, quick thinking
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- demonstrable market reporting or journalism experience
- Proven track record in producing news and leading the news agenda
RBI General Benefits Package:
29 Days Holiday
Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
Life Insurance (4x salary)
Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
ICIS is part of Reed Business Information (RBI), Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.