This job is no longer available
Do you have a background in copy editing and page layout? Are you looking for a challenging new role? If so, World Market Intelligence (WMI) can offer you an exciting opportunity to be part of its expanding editorial team based in Bolton.
WMI is a multimedia publisher of a range of magazines and business information products targeted at key industry sectors. The role of Sub-Editor is positioned on a growing team, which is being set up to drive editorial and analytical quality across WMI’s range of magazines and premium research reports.
Sitting at the pinnacle of the editorial process, the final quality of WMI’s magazines and market reports will be dependent on your eye for detail and ability to produce a well-presented and accurate publication.
The responsibilities attached to this role include:
• Editing of magazine copy and page layouts.
• Editing of reports to suit a global business audience.
• Guiding the editorial quality of our multinational R&A teams.
• Promotion of the in-house style guide.
• Supporting the on-schedule delivery of the annual publication plan.
If you feel you are ready to take on this challenge, you will need to demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
• A minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
• Exceptional written English skills
• Excellent communication skills, linked to the ability to guide others
• Experience of using Adobe InDesign
• A highly developed eye for detail
• Passion and commitment to raising editorial standards
• The ability to motivate yourself and others to achieve the highest quality standards to tight deadlines
• Excellent teamworking skills
You should also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Good knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email a detailed CV and covering letter.
Please send all CV’s and Cover Letters to Greg Walker at email@example.com