This job is no longer available
Job Title: Senior Reporter (maternity cover)
Department: Finance Publications, PA Business
The Press Association requires a motivated and experienced financial journalist to cover maternity leave. You will be required to write definitive news on raising finance for its specialist title, TelecomFinance.
Working with a small team of specialist journalists, the role will involve nurturing high calibre contacts to dig out exclusive inside stories about M&A, debt and other financial activity in various sectors.
• Writing sharp and incisive copy for both print and web publication
• Providing editorial assistance with the magazine
• Interviewing CEOs for features, analysis pieces and special reports
• Maintaining and growing a network of key contacts within the industry
• Planning conference attendance and other face-to-face opportunities
This is not an entry level position. The successful candidate will have financial journalism experience, with a particular understanding of capital markets. Other requirements include a sound news sense and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines. Knowledge of a second major language will also be highly desirable.
Interested? Please send CV and covering letter to:
Chief Editor, Finance Publications
Closing date: 17 August 2012
The company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.