This job is no longer available
Award winning 200 strong communications consultancy with offices in 14 cities around the world are seeking a Senior Associate Director with experience of the technology sector.
My client has built its business on developing creative, results orientated campaigns for market-leading blue chip as well as fast growing emerging start-up brands. Its impressive client list include the biggest technology brands.
Directly accountable for owning and running the Business Practice as a commercial entity, working closely with the Business Practice Director. The business practice combines:
1. Corporate and B2B division
2. Technology and innovation division
You will be expected to report against key business metrics such as ensuring retainer fees are met and exceeded, an appropriate and well-structured team is in place to meet client expectations and their teams are set clear career paths, with support provided in the form of training and incentive programmes. The role sits atop three associate directors and the wider team is made up of 23 people in total – operating very much like a small business in itself.
Approximately half of this role to be focused on getting under the skin of a major account – shaking it up with new ideas and approaches, but also mining it for new business opportunities.
Broader roles and responsibilities for this level:
Commercial - responsible for displaying financial management of the business practice which includes:
• Forecasting retainer and project projections
• Working with the UK Board Directors on business planning
• Accountability for client profitability within the B2B practice
• Working with Business Heads to determine over-servicing issues where relevant
• Agreeing recruitment decisions with the Board for account director roles and above; for junior role hires, approval needed from Business Practice Director
• Addressing over/under servicing on a bi monthly basis
• Signing off all client plans ensuring they are realistic
• Ensuring contracts are in place prior to work beginning
Strategy and Insight - expected to drive the specialism of the business practice both internally but also externally to the market:
• Ensure business practice is known in the market as a team of highly skilled and successful specialists who deliver award winning campaigns
• Taking the changes reflected in your clients’ markets and advising clients on communications and business direction based on that knowledge
• Act as the organisations spokesperson to the media/external parties on subject area
Client relations management - responsible for ensuring client satisfaction is consistently high:
• Overall accountability for client satisfaction is reflected in client satisfaction scoring
• Offering strategic counsel to clients by adding increased value to the existing plan and team input
• Accountable for ensuring the client teams are fully briefed on background of their clients both as a business and at an operational and strategic level.
• Accountable for financial and client service health
• Accountable for regular, proactive creativity to client to demonstrate client service-centric ethos
• Responsible for driving account growth through the proactive selling of our horizontal services
Team Management & Culture - direct management of the B2B Business Heads (Associate level). Working with them to ensure:
• they are coaching, challenging and inspiring their junior teams
• they are holding weekly meetings with their Number 2s to ensure objectives, training and succession planning is clearly outlined
• they will work with their client leads to ensure R&Rs are clearly communicated
• they will ensure work/life balance of their teams is a key deliverable set against client needs and scores in Employee Engagement Survey reflect this
New Business – accountability and targets to be determined based on experience.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Due to the high level of applications we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within a week, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Visit www.prospectresourcing.com for our latest vacancies.