This job is no longer available
Following its recent relaunch, Friends Reunited is looking for a freelance writer/editor with proven experience on a major website to assist the senior editor.
To be considered for the role you’ll need to have exceptional editorial skills, including the ability to identify key stories/angles and write compelling SEO-compliant copy across a wide variety of topics. You’ll know how to get the most from social media, have a proven understanding of community engagement, demonstrable experience of fulfilling commercial objectives, an eye for a good picture and a genuine enthusiasm for all things nostalgic. Experience of email marketing would also be an advantage.
Key tasks will include:
• To assist in the day-to-day running of Friends Reunited: identifying key stories/angles; commissioning content; selecting appropriate content for promotion; working with content providers
• Ensure relevancy, quality and timeliness of content (and constantly evaluate suitability of offering)
• Bring the right editorial voice to Friends Reunited through original content, and ensure high editorial standards through editing and subbing
• Forward plan and commission features/content (freelance and internal staff)
• Write content and create marketing mail outs
• Work in conjunction with the Senior Editor, in identifying content gaps and opportunities
• Work with the other editorial teams within the Brightsolid family to ensure content is scheduled and promoted effectively
• Help to monitor keys metrics, and provide insight into overall performance of channel and specific content and key information relating to property
• Support sales initiatives alongside the senior editor
The role will be based in-house, at Friends Reunited's Shoreditch office.
Please email CVs along with an outline of your experience, and with ‘Friends Reunited Freelance’ in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org