This job is no longer available
Location: New York, NY
Publisher of medical newsmagazines seeks detail-oriented, dynamic associate medical editor to be involved in all aspects of monthly newspaper. Parent company, McMahon Publishing Group, is a NYC privately-owned firm offering clinical newspapers in a wide range of medical specialties, several of which rank first in syndicated readership scores.
Job Requirements or Qualifications:
• Four-year bachelor's degree
• Three to five years of experience in medical writing/editing.
• Top-notch writing/reporting/editing skills; experience handling news articles (AP style) and physician-authored content (AMA style)
• Interact with sales, copyediting, design and production teams to foster a positive atmosphere of collaboration
• Embrace role as the outside representative of the publication
• Leverage social networking (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) as a means of enhancing reach and relevance of publication.
• Develop a working knowledge of competing publications to ensure uniqueness of editorial mission.
• Conventions: travel to three to five clinical meetings per year, attend sessions for content planning, coordinate freelance/staff coverage, meet with thought leaders, write briefs and full-length stories complete with interviews.
401K, Dental, Health
Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!