This job is no longer available
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Working as a Custom Content Editor/Associate in the Custom Ventures division of our Scientific, Technical, Medical and Scholarly business, you will be part of several editorial teams. The ideal candidate will have a combination of editorial writing, assigning, and editing skills, as well as knowledge of uploading content and imagery to web platforms and knowledge of SEO. In this hybrid role, you will assist the Custom Ventures editors with editorial web publishing responsibilities, including creating taxonomies for our newsmagazines, uploading all content for the newsmagazines and their digital extensions (e.g., enewsletters and eTOCs—including image uploading), and uploading calendar and event listings. In addition, you will assign and edit freelance-written sections for several journals that we publish. In this role you will work with internal staff, physician editors, and societies to create relevant content for their created content sections. Finally, you will assist the Custom Ventures editors with a variety of research, assigning, writing, and editing responsibilities as needed by the department for our print publications and their digital extensions.
• Minimum five years' editing and assigning experience—preferably on medical newsmagazines or equivalent
• College degree in journalism, English, or related
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent negotiation/interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership skills to persuade and work effectively with society partners, journalists, design staff, editorial board members and other participants and advisors
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Flexible team player able to handle fast pace and multiple assignments
How to Apply:
Click on the following link to apply for the position: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA4/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WILEY&cws=1&rid=3138 MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!
Compensation & Benefits:
• Competitive Base Salary
• Wiley provides Incentive Plans to reinforce and sustain a culture devoted to excellent performance; to emphasize performance against specific objectives at the corporate, business, product line and individual levels; and to reward significant contributions that further the success of our business objectives.
• For Health and Welfare Benefits information please click on the following link: http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-301743.html
About The Company: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. is a leading global publisher providing print and online content and services for worldwide academic, professional, scientific, technical, medical, scholarly and consumer markets. Wiley is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce and fostering a work environment in which all colleagues are valued and can enjoy professional success. The company is frequently honored for its sustained financial success and unique culture by leading publications, government agencies, and organizations around the world.