This job is no longer available
Remark, the publications, events and digital media division of The Mergermarket Group, a part of the Financial Times Group, wishes to bolster its London-based research team. Remark produces customised thought leadership research studies, events and webcasts across a wide range of industry sectors and geographical regions for financial and professional services clients. The majority of work will focus on producing client-sponsored publications, and involve researching and analysing M&A, corporate finance, distressed debt and capital market activity across a number of geographies and industry sectors. Knowledge of the global M&A and restructuring markets is required, as well as the ability to work with a wide selection of individuals internally and externally.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Writing analytical pieces and articles for Remark publications
• Analysing data and market research findings
• Questionnaire drafting for market research-based reports
• Content and idea generation for new research reports through a combination of primary and secondary research and market knowledge
• Working closely with sales team to ensure quarterly targets are met
• Drafting and editing sales proposals
• Periodic attendance of client meetings with sales team (at both pre and post-sale stage)
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent proofreading skills/attention to detail
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel
• Interest in the financial markets and current economic events
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to work closely with clients in the financial/legal advisory communities
• Business/Finance/Economics degree or equivalent would be preferred
This role will offer the ideal candidate an opportunity to develop their skills and widen their financial services industry experience. The salary will reflect experience.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV quoting ref ‘Editorial Research Analyst, Remark’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mergermarket Group is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.