This job is no longer available
Art Editor & Senior Designer
Imagine Publishing, a worldwide multimedia content producer within the entertainment, computing, digital photography and videogames market sectors, is currently looking for an experienced and creative Art Editor and a Senior Designer to join its expanding Design department. The Art Editor will initially be working on our renowned Photoshop Creative magazine and the Senior Designer role on our award winning Retro Gamer magazine.
You will need the following:
• A minimum of two years magazine design experience or similar editorially focused work to be considered for a Senior Designer position.
• A minimum of three years magazine design experience or similar editorially focused work to be considered for an Art Editor position.
Applicants must also:
• be using Adobe InDesign daily, for their work.
• be confident in the use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Have a portfolio of InDesign-focused work that demonstrates excellent layout skills, creativity, typographic awareness and exceptional attention to detail.
• Plan, design and layout pages of the magazine, working closely with team members and managing art resources to ensure an efficient and effective production process.
• A real passion for strong editorial design, with a focus on typography and structure
If you're successful in your application you will have the opportunity to design editorial, to extremely high-standards, across our entire portfolio of magazines, bookazines and digital publications. You'll be responsible for directing photography and commissioning illustration, or producing both yourself. You'll also create award winning covers every issue, to compete on international newstands. You'll need to have the creative flair and commercial awareness to back this up.
In return we can offer:
• A successful, creative working environment.
• Generous holiday and salary package.
• Career progression opportunities.
• Great social activities programme.
• Prime location in central Bournemouth - just a 5 minute stroll from the beach.
• 4½ day working week.
• Opportunity to work on one of our first-class titles – from a dizzying portfolio that includes entertainment, computing, automotive, digital photography and videogames magazines.
Does this sound like you? Then we'd like to talk to you now. Please apply to including your CV, examples of your InDesign work and salary expectations. Applications without salary details and work examples may delay the process.