This job is no longer available
This is an amazing new role for an experienced editor to deliver game-changing content for one of the most exciting pro-social organisations in the world. You will work with multiple stakeholders in the UK and staff leading on-the-ground projects internationally to help affect significant global impact.
• Work with the client and Zone staff to turn content strategy into engaging editorial
• Demonstrate insight into core audiences and how we should engage them
• Identify and build relationships with global influencers in the development field to establish the site as a credible destination.
• Create brilliant, world-class content that is both inspiring and useful
• Demonstrate thought leadership and innovation to ultimately deliver a full content offering to transform the brand’s digital presence
• Oversee the creation of content in multiple formats
• Ensure all content achieves its potential maximum reach through audience insight, SEO best practice and strategic cross-platform promotion
• Encourage user engagement through portable, useful and inspiring content and by growing conversations around the brand in owned and earned spaces
• Manage the day-to-day operations, including liaising with external stakeholders and agencies, editorial management and legal and editorial sign off
Leadership and management
• Draw on internal and freelance staff as appropriate to deliver content on time and on budget
• Ensure that your team has clear objectives and you manage regular catch-up sessions with key client stakeholders and senior editorial team
• Experience delivering highly-engaged content
• Demonstrable creative flair and judgement
• Proven experience of delivering editorial expertise and insight
• Experience in website and media channels including the planning, conception, commissioning, delivery and amplification of digital content
• Excellent knowledge of search engine optimisation
• Excellent client management skills
You will be a brilliant, creatively minded, ambitious editor who knows how to grow an engaged brand on digital platforms. Ideally you will have previous experience of the pro-social, development or NGO sectors.