This job is no longer available
Got an in-built arty streak? Can you create cool graphics and awesome images in the time it takes to make a cup of tea? Are you a whizz at Photoshop? If you answered yes to all the above, and you love fashion, you’re just what we want.
Styloko’s looking for a graphic design intern to help create fashion-based images for the website. You’ll be working from the London office assisting the editor with images for the blog, as well as helping create images for the homepage and email newsletters.
This is an exciting opportunity for an eager graphic beginner to work in a fast-growing start-up company and kick-start their career in the industry. You’ll be bursting with great ideas, work with a can-do attitude and be ready to hit the ground running.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Editor-in-Chief with creating and editing images for the blog.
- Assisting the Head of Marketing with creating and editing images for email newsletters.
- Liaising with our freelance graphic designer to ensure consistency.
- Ready to take on additional ad-hoc duties.
Skills and Requirements:
- You must be a Photoshop pro, no questions. Anything more advanced is a bonus but not essential, anything less need not apply (no Paint here, please).
- You should be design obsessed. If you dream about alignment and constantly deconstruct typefaces, you’re perfect for this role.
- A solid understanding of, and interest for, the fashion industry is essential, including knowledge of the type of graphics that work for fashion sites.
- A keen eye for style and detail is a must, as is the ability to come up with cool, original concepts. We’re perfectionists - we hope you are too.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Work with a can-do attitude.
- An interest in digital media and/or e-commerce is helpful, but not essential.
At Styloko we approach life and work with enthusiasm and fun, so above all else, we're looking for positive, passionate people with a great sense of humour, ready to work in a fast-paced creative environment. All jokes are welcome (and encouraged) here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Emily O'Brien, Editor-in-Chief, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your application, please include any examples of relevant previous work you feel will benefit. Candidates must be able to work from our London office and start as soon as possible.