This job is no longer available
www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk is seeking a a bright editorial professional to bring added spark, ideas and enthusiasm to an established and highly successful website.
The successful candidate will work on a growing consumer-facing website that focuses on the University / student market, which is extending to cover the pre and post university market. It's the only independent website to publish University League tables, established in 2007, and part of Constable & Robinson, an influential and growing publishing company.
Experience in online is essential, a background in the education market is an asset.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Commission freelancers in line editorial specifications.
- Prepare and input material/content to the website.
- Edit commissioned and other articles and reports ready for publication, and prepare pictures and other illustrations, to ensure that material is prepared for publication, on budget and within schedule, and the editorial style is maintained and developed.
- Develop industry-specific and topical news content from available web and PR resources, as well as from industry contacts.
- Liaise with the sales team, other departments and outside companies as and when needed to ensure that the team operates as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Respond to external enquiries and problems to ensure that good relationships are maintained
- Recommend and help to develop ideas for new products to ensure that new business opportunities are identified and maximised.
- Prepare editorial plans in line with agreed production schedules and budgets.
- Visit companies within the industry and attend industry events.
- News recognition
- Design, layout and content management
- Excellent Planning and Organisational Skills
- Schedule control
- Budget control