This job is no longer available
Location: Mountain View, CA
Staffing Industry Analysts is the global advisor on contingent work. Known for its independent and objective insights, the company’s proprietary research, award-winning content, data, support tools, publications and executive conferences provide a competitive edge to decision makers who supply and buy temporary staffing. In addition to temporary staffing, Staffing Industry Analysts also covers related staffing service sectors. Founded in 1989 and acquired by Crain Communications Inc in 2008, the company is headquartered in Mountain View, California, with offices in London, England.
If you excel at digging for news and making it fun to read, this is the job for you. Staffing Industry Analysts is seeking a true newshound who can spot key trends and events, and turn those observations into readable and interesting content for our award-winning publications: Staffing Industry Daily News, Staffing Industry Review and CWS 3.0. The successful candidate with have the option of working either from home or in our Mountain View, California office. Please note: This is a part-time position.
• Researching and writing daily news stories on current staffing industry events and trends and meeting our daily publication deadline without fail. This includes conducting internet-based research, tracking government reports, interviewing key players, and verifying supporting data from primary sources.
• Blogging, news and magazine writing, researching, editing, proofreading, general editorial support and whatever is needed to get the job done.
• Developing and maintaining good relationships with industry sources. Gaining proficiency in government data sources routinely used in news stories.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Relevant Education – You have obtained a bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism, public relations, English or a related field or equivalent experience.
• Relevant Experience – You have been a professional journalist and have published work to prove it. The ideal candidate will have worked in a newsroom and will have experience meeting daily deadlines. Previous work in the staffing industry or the broader contingent workforce management space would also be a plus.
• Web/Tech Savvy – You are experienced with social media tools and can position written work for our website as well as for our print publications. You are proficient in MS Excel and MS Word.
• Passionate About Writing – You enjoy writing and being read. You taking writing seriously and have made a great effort to gain mastery of the English language and of the rules of grammar.
• Execution Oriented – You get the right stuff done day-in and day-out. You meet every deadline and you do what it takes to get your facts right. You’ve achieved significant results fast, and you can prove it from your work in previous jobs. You are an energetic person comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• People want to work with you again. They respect you, they trust you and they learn from you. Everyone knows that you’re a problem solver. Challenges get met when you’re around. You’re comfortable working in a flexible team environment and are eager to lend a hand as needed. You own up to mistakes quickly. You pull your own weight and you do it with a smile.
Crain Communications Inc is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly. Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.