This job is no longer available
Location: San Antonio, TX
About Open Sky Media:
A fast-growing publisher of city and regional magazines in key, high-demographic U.S. markets, Open Sky Media seeks Publishers for its expanding roster of high-quality titles and related niche publications. Today, Open Sky owns flagship city magazines in Austin and San Antonio, Texas; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; and Marin County, California.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Chief Executives of dynamic and growing lifestyle publications and related online portals, Publishers supervise all administrative, advertising, marketing, editorial, circulation, and production operations. Experienced and hands-on leaders of small- to mid-sized operations on the fast track for growth, Publishers are hard-working, organized, results-oriented, front-line professionals principally charged with creating and implementing strategic plans and staff-development programs to drive advertising revenue and grow earnings. Publishers are also Open Sky’s chief representatives in high-demographic consumer and business markets the company serves, strengthening their enterprises through regular and sustained connections with top community leaders. Publishers’ duties and responsibilities encompass these areas:
1. Advertising: In conjunction with Open Sky’s Advertising Director, establish goals for, supervise, and collaborate with advertising sales staff in cultivating and maintaining new local, regional, and national accounts. Build and establish top advertising sales staffs, implementing training programs and hiring practices to ensure top-quality customer service and sales performance.
2. Marketing: In conjunction with Open Sky’s Director of Research and Audience Growth, supervises design and creation of media kit collaterals to support an across-the-board, fact-based advertising-sales program.
3. Editorial: Approves editorial content as necessary and works closely with editorial management to develop and implement comprehensive and sustained plans for editorial calendars and for revenue-driving special sections and advertising supplements.
4. Circulation: Supervises circulation management to ensure consistent application of best practices to acquire and maintain top-quality readership and market coverage, as well as compliance with U.S. Postal regulations for periodical publications.
5. Production: Supervises production management to ensure competitive print purchasing, top-quality print production, and high responsiveness to advertiser requirements.
Additionally, Publishers are responsible for building and diversifying their businesses, working closely with ownership to develop plans and budgets for new, revenue-driving niche verticals to serve their advertising and subscriber marketplaces in print, through events, and online.
Please send a resume and cover letter by mail to Richard Franks, Open Sky Media, 1250 S. Capitol of Texas Highway, Bldg. 3, Ste. #395, Austin, TX 78746 or by email to Richard@austinmonthly.com. MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!