This job is no longer available
Head of Media Relations, Italy
London Stock Exchange Group sits at the heart of the world’s financial community.
The Group operates a broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets, including London Stock Exchange; Borsa Italiana; MTS, Europe’s leading fixed income market; and Turquoise, offering UK and Russian derivatives trading and pan-European lit and dark equity trading. Through its markets, the Group offers international business unrivalled access to Europe’s capital markets.
The Group is a leading developer of high performance trading platforms and capital markets software and also offers its customers around the world access to an extensive range of real time and reference data products and market-leading post trade services.
The Group is also home to a world leading index provider, FTSE, which creates and manages over 200,000 equity, bond and alternative asset class indices.
Headquartered in London, with significant operations in Italy and Sri Lanka, the Group employs around 1,900 people.
This role is to head up the Press Office in Italy as part of the Group’s international Press Team.
The Group Press Office is responsible for the Group’s relations with the press, radio and television, worldwide. The team act as Group spokespeople on a wide range of issues, aiming to ensure that the media accurately reports the organisationon policies, developments, products and services. The Group Press Office works closely with the Group’s senior management on all aspects of media relations from product campaigns, to thought leadership and corporate news.
The Group is now looking for an experienced and ambitious individual to lead a small but highly effective press team in Italy, responsible for all communications in Italy on behalf of the Group. This includes, but is not limited to, media relations on behalf of Borsa Italiana, CC&G, Monte Titoli and Group news and activity. The successful candidate will be based in Milan and will be an integral part of the wider international communications team working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, experienced and engaging communications professional to further develop their skills in an international organization with a brand a reach that extends far beyond its immediate activities.
Reporting directly to Group Communications & Marketing Director.
• Manage day-today Italian media relations including strategic planning
• Lead press team in Italy
• Provide comprehensive and cohesive media support to members of the Executive team and various business heads, including and the CEO of Borsa Italianaand the Group Communications & Marketing Director.
• Coordinate and oversee press conferences & press releases
• Build and develop relationships with key press on behalf of the business with Italian and international press
• Proactively seek PR opportunities for profile the business, its products and services
• Promote best practice communications and a ‘can-do’ culture
• Contribute to activities of international communications team
• Liaise with internal communications to ensure consistency of message.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor or Masters Degree in Economics, Finance or equivalent
• Extensive media relations and communications preferably gained in both agency and in-house roles
• Experience in financial communications, corporate reputation management, media relations, crisis and issues management and campaign PR
• Experience of working in a complex, fast paced international business
• Track record of providing senior management with strong counsel and advice
• A good understanding of the financial services industry with a broad base of contacts in the business and Italian financial media
• Excellent and clear writing and verbal communication skills
• Native Italian speaker with fluent written and spoken English; other European languages would be advantageous
• Prior experience of the exchange industry or capital markets will be seen as an advantage
To meet the challenge, the ideal candidate should possess the following attributes:
• Confident and calm under pressure
• Very proactive, committed self starter with strong initiative
• Team player, willing to and eager to drive the performance of the whole team for the benefit of the organisation
• Clever, with high motivation to continuously develop their own skill set and knowledge
• Commercially and culturally aware, with an international outlook and the curiosity to succeed
Site: Milano, Piazza degli Affari, 6
Borsa Italiana invites all candidates interested in applying for this role to send a CV to email@example.com