This job is no longer available
Journalist, Sky Living Online
Sky Living is one of the biggest celebrity news websites in the country, generating millions of hits a day. The site ranges from lightweight gossip to informed critique, with an emphasis on striking imagery. The site supports the channel's programming as well as celebrity, fashion and beauty content. The Living audience is female-based.
The Journalists on the Celebrity news desk at Sky Living Online will be responsible for producing daily content for the website. They will work closely with the picture desk to ensure the site is full of fresh, original content of the highest standard. This will include writing fast and accurate copy covering celebrity gossip and news from the worlds of television, film, music and fashion. This will also mean picture cutting and video uploading.
The role will mean sourcing and originating the content - in all forms, as well as publishing it to the site. The content will range in tone and topic and encompass a variety of assets. The journalists will also be expected to act as reporters - both in front and behind the camera - covering press events and conducting interviews.
This role will include focusing on etailing and editorialising the Sky Living shop, using Sky Living talent and celebrity content to cross-promote the shop, driving revenue and visits. The role will also work with team members across all three sections of the site - Style, Celebrity and Shows - to maximise recirculation and package content.
The Journalists will also work alongside the other Entertainment teams, including Sky Arts, Sky Atlantic, Sky Movies and Sky1.
The work will frequently mean out of hours coverage, including late nights and weekends and the journalist will be expected to build on their already-strong network of PR and press contacts within the showbiz world, raising the profile of Sky Living.
The Journalists will also share the team's responsibility for social media - promoting his or her content on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, and engaging users in conversation in order to attract new audiences.
* Sourcing and originating content, images and video
* Researching and writing content, including newsletters and news alerts
* Subbing copy and checking for legal issues
* Publishing content onto the site
* Monitoring site statistics
* Keeping on top of the news agenda
* Dealing with PRs and agents
* Conducting celebrity interviews
* Attending press conferences
* Covering major entertainment events
* Producing fresh ideas and creative angles for the site
* Taking on projects and seeing them through to completion
* Working with the rest of the team on site development and raising technical issues
* Helping to increase the audience and hits
* Help manage daily and weekly churn of content
* Work full range of shifts, from 7am to 8pm
The ideal candidate will have the ability to write in a variety of styles from breaking news to features, reviews, interviews, gallery captions, competitions, quizzes, polls and votes and preferably Celebrity/fashion online experience
It's our people that make Sky the UK's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Application Information: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=aGhvLjc3NzE3LjI3NzZAYnNreWIuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t