This job is no longer available
THE OUTNET.COM is the most fashionable fashion outlet. Since its launch in April 2009 by the people behind the award-winning website NET-A-PORTER, THE OUTNET.COM has quickly established itself as the chic, go-to destination for the global, style-conscious shopper looking for the best designer brands at a great discount price.
We are seeking a talented Senior PR Manager to develop and grow THE OUTNET.COM brand and lead the PR strategy globally. Reporting to the VP, Global Sales and Marketing, your responsibilities include overseeing the UK PR team and increasing brand awareness; increasing customer numbers and driving sales for THE OUTNET. In this key role you will promote THE OUTNET globally, in all campaigns, activities and events to the media, general public and external audiences. You will initiate, develop and maintain relationships with key journalists, bloggers and media within the US, UK and other markets (APAC, FR, GR, Middle East etc.).
“….essentially like visiting the best outlet ever” Lucky
“Its infectious mix of editorial-type presentation and carefully curated product makes it such a chicsterfave” Daily Front Row
“The brands available and the edit of pieces are excellent” The Times
Senior leader for the global PR team on the below:
• Manage PR agencies in designated territories – US, UK, FR, GR, Middle East, APAC (excluding Australia) - on daily basis. Set agency KPIs, oversee implementation of PR strategy, organize weekly briefings, maintain systems for monitoring and evaluating progress and provide course corrections when required. Share key markets insights with the rest of the business.
• Develop and build on existing media relationships in designated territories – US, UK, APAC.
• Develop and implement the PR strategy across target markets (e.g. target cities/publications/customer segments).
• Drive Online PR activity. Develop and build on existing blogger relationships, work closely with Affiliate Marketing team to identify opportunities.
• Develop and execute influencer seeding programme.
• Identify Executive Speaker opportunities and create a conference schedule.
• Develop a B2B strategy and identify feature opportunities for company spokespeople.
• Develop a comprehensive awards program to amplify the brand through relevant channels.
• Develop strong relationships with relevant brand PR’s. Plus, build a network of partnership opportunities.
• Develop business and trade stories.
• Draft Crisis Communications/Responses to specific scenarios for PR, Customer Care and Social Media
Manage a team of 3 (PR Senior Executive, PR Executive, PR Assistant) and provide support and guidance on the below:
• Daily management of the US and London based in-house PR teams.
• Focus on developing written skills with more junior team members
• Draft statements and respond to media inquiries on behalf of THE OUTNET as well as the relevant company spokespeople
• Draft, edit and disseminate press releases and other relevant PR materials.
• Build on existing media relationships while creating new contacts (long-lead and short-lead, mainstream media, trade and blogs), working to secure positive coverage for THE OUTNET in the media.
• Secure product placement and fashion news stories in all key media to drive brand awareness and sales across all territories.
• Work with VP of Sales and Marketing on proactive and creative article development
• To act as an ambassador amongst all key target media at appropriate levels.
• Lead all communications with in-house and agency PR network.
• Communicate all PR activities and coverage to relevant internal teams at THE OUTNET and across the rest of the Group.
• Monitor and report competitor activity and relevant industry trends, events and opportunities to appropriate teams
• Manage and execute PR events with US and UK teams and external agencies where appropriate.
Experience and Skills
• Graduate (or equivalent) with proven experience as a PR Manager in a luxury fashion environment, ideally with exposure to multiple brands
• Creative thinking and ideas generation – a key skill for this role
• Demonstrate solid understanding of the luxury fashion industry
• A strong list of contacts within the publishing industry.
• Proven commercial experience of working in a fast paced environment
• Proven track record of creating positive impact on business through PR and communications strategy
• Exceptional writing skills
• Good judgement and decision making skills
• Confidence in suggesting calculated risks
• Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
• Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative.
• Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly promote THE OUTNET offering.
• Proven managerial experience within the luxury fashion industry, focused on external communications and expertise in media relations
• Mix of agency and in-house experience preferred
• Creative and strategic thinke
• Proven ability to manage and develop staff
• Strong presentation & superb writing skills
• Able to identify communication opportunities
• Strong MS Word skills; working knowledge of PowerPoint