This job is no longer available
Location: New York, NY
The Regional Community Editor will be accountable for the smooth running, editorial development, and successful community engagement of the Global Markets Forum in his or her time-zone.
S/he will be the central editorial point of contact and will be responsible for liaising with business partners, relevant editorial desks and fellow regional community editors. The Editor will safeguard the Reuters News reputation for fairness and accuracy by ensuring that policies on chatroom contributions are followed by journalists and members alike. S/he will maximise engagement with members by adopting best practices from other Reuters communities, including overseeing the development of a rolling programme of high-profile guest interviewees.
• Oversee the curation of a constant stream of key news, views and talking points
• Co-host the chatroom conversation and devise tactics for keeping it flowing through the day
• Ensure civil discourse and that staff and members abide by our editorial chatroom policies
• Build strong relationships with the regional business and editorial teams
• Constantly analyse engagement metrics, test new tactics, and share successful approaches
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
• Minimum five years markets experience
• Sound editorial judgement and the sureness of touch necessary to handle market-sensitive content
• An engaging writing style
• Tact and the ability to keep the conversation on the right side of professional
• An awareness of social media and new techniques for engaging audiences
• Analytical skills and an interest in testing new approaches
• Team-mindedness and excellent communications skills
• A good network of relationships with financial market professionals
Please apply online at: https://toc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=NEW00003048