This job is no longer available
Deputy Community Editor
The Deputy Community Editor will co-host the chatroom conversation with the Editor and be responsible for all editorial aspects of the community in the Editor’s absence. All the community roles require flexibility but the Deputy is likely to major on relationships within the community. In particular, you will be tasked with maintaining a vibrant but civil conversation.
The Deputy will ensure that all members and staff adhere to our chatroom policies and will be expected to build strong relationships with key community contributors to help keep things running smoothly. You will also play a particularly important role in working with the Community Producer to create a rolling programme of guest interviewees and ensuring that these generate wider discussion. It is likely that the Deputy will also be closely involved in the production of an engaging, community-driven daily newsletter.
Essential day to day responsibilities
• Co-host the live chatroom conversation
• Ensure that Reuters staff and community members abide by our chatroom policies
• Establish strong relationships with community contributors and develop a set of ‘ambassadors’ to support the community’s development
• Develop a programme of ‘guests’ including third party experts and editorial specialists
• Manage the creation of a daily community-driven newsletter
• Work with business partners and the Community Producer to ensure new members are welcomed effectively
Please note, the GRF title for this role is Senior Correspondent 4 and the GRF band is I.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
• Strong markets reporting experience
• A network of relationships within financial markets professionals
• An engaging writing style
• Sound editorial judgement and the sureness of touch necessary to handle market-sensitive content
• Tact and the ability to keep the conversation on the right side of professional
• An awareness of social media and new techniques for engaging audiences
• Analytical skills and an interest in testing new approaches
• Team-mindedness and excellent communications skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.