This job is no longer available
Want to build a 21st century financial service?
We're convinced that there is a real need for innovation in financial services and that current banks will not he be ones providing this. Instead this innovation will come from companies like TransferWise and many others who are revolutionizing consumer and business financial services. We've been up and going since 2011 and are still just getting started - the opportunity ahead of us is bigger every month.
We are building a simple to use online tool for sending and receiving money online. When making an international money transfer your bank will take a 5% cut of that, we do it for a fraction of that price.
TransferWise is backed by institutional investors IA Ventures and Index Ventures who have previously backed Skype, Betfair, Playfish, Lovefilm and many other successful companies. Supporting them is a team of angel investors who have helped build, or are still building, some of the companies mentioned before and others like PayPal, Wonga and Simple.com
TransferWise is based in Central London.
We are looking for an experienced PR person to help spread our story!
- Go-to person for everything PR and communications
- Creation and implementation of PR strategy
- Creation and implementation of messaging and accompanying materials
- Help with adjacent areas like content creation, copywriting for website/product as needed
- Experience on both sides: as a journalist and as PR person inside a company or agency
- Excellent writing and communication skills, master of English language
- Knowledge of industry (press, media) and network of contacts
- Metrics/date drive, knowing what an be measured and how to make use of that
- Familiarity with SEO, social media, etc
- Knowledge of another widely spoken foreign language is a strong plus
- Self-starter: take charge and deliver on your own, pro-active and independent
- Startup experience - we don't have HR or other support systems, you need to be able to get started and get things done on your own