This job is no longer available
Our client is a trade association whose role is to manage the reputation of a specific part of the financial services sector. Whilst much of the organisations work is focused on lobbying and public affairs activity it is no exaggeration to say that the reputational challenges associated with this sector are meteoric. Reporting into the Director of Communications they need substantial support and strategic focus in order to fully lead on improving the reputation of their members through outstanding strategic communications. They are recruiting for a Senior Communications Manager to work full time in the Brussels Office.
Your responsibilities for the Senior Communications Manager will be:
- Proactively source opportunities for industry communication and engagement
- Work alongside public affairs to deliver policy-focused campaigns
- Develop and maintain campaign messaging with research teams
- Management and ownership of key communications work streams
- Develop strategy and content for and execute through digital media
- Design and organise briefings/ roundtables/ special events
- Handle media requests/enquiries
- Draft/edit of speeches, placed articles; manage external copywriters
To qualify for the Senior Communications Manager you must have:
- Knowledge of communications within the financial services sector
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in contributing to our strategic communications platform.
- Ability to work accurately and reliably under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent and proven written communication skills.
- Awareness about media and political issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working in a team.
- Fluent French spoken and written, high standard German a plus. (Note that your written work will be primarily in English)
This is a challenging role suited to an individual who is hoping to increase their communications skillset exponentially. To apply for forward your CV to email@example.com for more information on this role please contact Tom Ewen on 020 7340 6480. Please quote TE/BR2 on your application.