This job is no longer available
Financial journalism internship at Life Insurance International
A London-based financial publisher is looking for an ambitious graduate or trainee journalist to produce incisive news and features for its market-leading business title Life Insurance International.
The ideal candidate will display a flair for writing and a hunger to develop their skills in line with industry standards and house style.
The intern will be tasked with producing online news on a daily basis, uploading and managing a Content Management System, researching, and providing editorial support where required. Candidates that display a flair for journalism will have the opportunity to produce more in-depth news and features for online and print.
In return, our interns will develop vital journalism skills, such as reporting, interviewing, researching and sub editing. There will also be opportunities to learn about social media strategies and how this applies to traditional media platforms.
Although there is no guarantee that a job will follow this internship, many recent interns have quickly found employment as a result of working at this company or other financial publishers.
Life Insurance International covers the global life insurance, health insurance and pensions industry. See www.lifeinsuranceinternational.com
Duties will include
• News reporting – interviewing, researching and writing articles for websites
• Provide editorial support – transcribing, researching and CMS related support to our team of journalists
• Advanced level of English
• Good communication/journalism skills
• Excellent use of MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
• Good attention for detail
• Experience with web Content Management Systems and social media a bonus
• Attention to detail
• Ability to use your own initiative, learn new systems and understand procedures
• Integrate with teams easily, happy to assist others and share knowledge
• Most importantly, a good attitude and hunger to learn
This is a full time position for a period of 3 months – Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00 with 1 hour lunch break. However, we will consider candidates who can commit to a minimum of 3 days.
We’re looking for an intern to start immediately.
Pay is £95 per week to cover travel expenses
To apply, please send your CV and a brief covering letter. Please state why you would like to apply for this internship and your career ambitions in no more than 300 words.
To apply: Please email email@example.com to apply for the internship