This job is no longer available
Telegraph Media Group’s Business desk is looking for a reporter, primarily to work online but with opportunities to file for the newspapers too. Telegraph Media Group is one of the UK’s most successful multimedia companies and is renowned for the world-class content published by the Daily Telegraph (the UK’s biggest selling quality newspaper), the Sunday Telegraph, the Telegraph website and our mobile site and apps.
Working at the heart of our integrated newsroom, the successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring that our website and its main display pages are the best in their class.
• Filing copy for the website on a range of business and City stories
• Managing the flow of content and its placement on the business website’s main display pages.
• Ensuring that our web content is of the highest quality, notably that it is timely, fully optimised for search engines and showcases multimedia.
• Working with the rest of the business team to plan and manage business news coverage, especially live events.
• Working on long-term projects for the website and, possibly, other digital platforms.
The successful individual will have an interest in business journalism and digital media. Success in the job will position the individual to progress within Telegraph Business. Scrupulous attention to detail, knowledge of media law and a confident, unflappable manner are also essential. Experience of using Content Management systems is highly desirable.
To apply for this role, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 24th of August 2012.