This job is no longer available
This is a pivotal role at the centre of the editorial production process with a strong emphasis on web publication as digital communications becomes the primary channel for information delivery.
Online content management
• Publish news stories promptly and as soon as sub-edited;
• Publish SJ articles (weekly issue and supplements) onto the website as soon as acceptable for publication;
• Compile the SJ e-newsletter (Midweek);
• Enhance online presence through SEO-friendly headline and copy, social media use, etc.
• SJ new stories and blogs (in InCopy, and post on website);
• SJ features (in Word, then load into InCopy, then publish online);
• SJ print news in InCopy (Thursday afternoon/Friday);
• PCA and MP features in InCopy;
• News and blogs for MP and PCA;
• News and other content for TFR (where time permits).
• Ensure consistency of style across all publications;
• Maintain and update editorial style guide.
• Proofread SJ weekly pages and make changes in InCopy;
• Proofread MP, PCA and TFR pages.
• Manage book reviews
• Manage SJ weekly and supplement library
• Writing or rewriting headlines and standfirsts
• Writing short news pieces