This job is no longer available
Jones Lang LaSalle is a financial and professional services firm specialising in real estate services and investment management. Our more than 40,000 people in more than 1,000 locations in 70 countries serve the local, regional and global real estate needs of those clients, growing our company in the process. In response to changing client expectations and market conditions, we assemble teams of experts who deliver integrated services built on market insight and foresight, sound research and relevant market knowledge. We attract, develop and reward the best, and most diverse, people in our industry, challenging them to develop enduring client relationships built on quality service, collaboration and trust.
Summary of Duties:
To support the day-to-day function of the UK PR team.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Answer phones and deal with phone and email enquiries from journalists and colleagues.
• Maintain press briefings diary for the UK PR team.
• Organise and attend UK business PR events in support capacity.
• Ensure Press Release Index is kept up to date.
• Collate and compiling monthly/quarterly press coverage reports using media monitoring database.
• Maintain Gorkana media database lists for the team – keep up to date and inform team of new contacts.
• Connect/UK Website – responsibility for upkeep of UK business PR elements of intranet site (Connect). Ensure UK website is updated with press releases and other PR-related items.
• Work with rest of UK PR team to maintain strong presence for the UK Business in relevant Social Media e.g. Twitter.
• At times attend internal meetings to keep close to the UK business operations.
• Distribute press releases for team members.
• Source forward feature opportunities from a variety of sources and maintain features diary. Communicate these regularly to the UK PR team.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure.
• Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge.
• Knowledge of Social Media (e.g. Twitter) would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of media monitoring tools – Gorkana, Durrants and Metrica would also be advantageous.
Required Personal Qualities:
• A hardworking team player.
• Enthusiastic and pro-active with a sense of urgency and persistence.
• Willingness to get involved in a wide range of tasks.
• High personal standards in terms of quality of work/meeting deadlines and expectations. Strong attention to detail.
• Strong customer focus. A desire to help team members, customers (internal clients and media).
• A good communicator.
• UK PR, Marketing and Research teams (sometimes liaison with EMEA teams also required)
• UK Media (trade, print, broadcast and online media)
• UK Business Leaders and key spokespeople
• External consultants for UK business – work closely with PR Agencies, photographers, suppliers