This job is no longer available
Senior celebrity/showbiz writer OMG! (12-month contract)
• Work closely with the omg! Editor and team to generate exciting content (articles/pictures/video/social) for the omg! audience.
• Research and write large amount of highly SEOd stories in a short space of time under time deadlines.
• Research, source and create visually strong photo galleries.
• Conduct face-to-face, phone and filmed interviews with wide range of celebrities.
• Report for omg! on camera, working closely with the Video Producer.
• Promote all content creatively across social media accounts (Twitter and Facebook).
• Attend showbiz parties and events to source stories for omg!.
• A strong passion for celebrity/showbiz news and online journalism.
• Strong experience of writing highly SEOd content for web.
• A good nose for finding strong digital showbiz stories.
• Strong interviewing skills – and the ability to be comfortable attending everything from a showbiz bash to a red carpet press pen.
• Strong experience of integrating social media (particularly Twitter and Facebook) into promoting content and selling a brand.
• Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Personality that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Proven skill in organisation, creativity and planning.
• A self-starter and able to work both independently and without direction.
• Degree in journalism (or equivalent) strongly preferred.
• Willingness to work beyond set hours and truly embrace the brand.