This job is no longer available
Editorial Intern, Movies & TV
London (6 months)
The Editorial & Programming Team focus is to ensure the delivery of brilliant daily experiences and is responsible for content appearing across the Yahoo! network. Our leitmotif is “the right thing, in the right place, at the right time”. The team supports the need for localization and production tasks that are critical for the right product experience. The team is also responsible for defining the editorial voice and ensuring that it is performed in all markets.
• Give support to UK Yahoo! editorial products
• Work closely with Yahoo! editors (including daily meetings and brainstorms) to generate content ideas and identify gaps in existing content on Movies and TV
• Research, source and produce exclusive content to Yahoo!
• Source required images from pre-approved providers
• Build galleries with fun, compelling commentary appropriate for the Yahoo! audience.
• Help programme key daily content on prominent Yahoo! pages.
• Write and source engaging and topical articles for the Yahoo! audience.
• Attend daily stand-ups to pitch compelling content for Front Page promotion.
• Monitor and report on performance of content produced.
• Interest / knowledge in Movies and TV
• Experience in writing content for the Web.
• Strong editorial background with good understanding of what makes a compelling story
• Must be proficient at writing engaging articles in a timely manner
• Strong photo selection skills
• A good understanding of social media (predominantly Facebook and Twitter)
• Quick learner and able to make decisions, multi-task and prioritize in a timely manner
• Web publication knowledge (content manager systems experience) a preference
• Intermediate Photoshop skills
• Fluent English speaker with clear knowledge of and interest in British popular culture.
• Degree in journalism (or equivalent) strongly preferred.