This job is no longer available
Investment Adviser is a Financial Times print magazine for UK investment professionals with a live online homepage at www.ftadviser.com/IA.
The magazine offers a comprehensive round-up of the week in investments including equity, bond and alternative investment news and macroeconomic coverage.
Investment Adviser also provides leading coverage of the retail fund management industry, including product and regulation issues affecting financial advisers. Along with news, the magazine delivers industry-leading comment, features and technical analysis.
A multi-media outlet, Investment Adviser delivers a stream of online news to the FT's financial adviser website www.ftadviser.com, engages with social media and employs the FT's state-of-the-art studio facilities to deliver high quality video content online.
To contribute exclusive news and industry-leading technical analysis for a weekly trade print magazine and live online website, relating to investment and the fund management industry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Working in a highly competitive, dynamic environment, the candidate will be responsible for independently unearthing and producing a number of well researched and written news stories for the magazine every week and contribute exclusive breaking news for the website
• To rapidly build a network of useful technical contacts who can be called upon to deliver views and technical insight
• Attending press briefings, roundtable discussions and conferences to follow industry and company developments, as well as regular one-on-one meetings. Expected to network with contacts at industry events throughout the day and at least a few evenings per month
• Additional responsibilities will include comment writing, Twitter updates and helping contribute features as and when required in addition to regular early shift website work
• At least one year’s experience in financial journalism and the ability to deliver accurate, clean copy to tight deadlines
• Highly motivated and a confident, personable, professional nature
• A basic familiarity with the fund management industry and a proven ability to carry out technical analysis
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• NCTj or other journalism qualification
To apply, please click the apply now button:
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, August 28th, 2012.