This job is no longer available
The Telegraph Media Group has set the pace for change within the UK newspaper industry. We have successfully evolved into a multi-platform digital operation that continues to deliver the highest quality journalism, setting the global news agenda. This transformation means we remain ahead of our competition at the leading edge of the ever-changing media landscape. As part of our continuing commitment to being the industry's leading media organisation, we are seeking to appoint a new Editorial designer to the newspaper design team
The design department is required to produce stimulating, readable and creative designs and layouts for both the Daily and Sunday Telegraph newspapers.
Reporting to the Art Director, the position will have responsibility for designing pages across all newspaper sections in liaison with editors, designers and heads of department with versatility and efficiency being key
Core duties and responsibilities:
• Design editorial content to a high quality in the house style.
• Meet all editorial deadlines.
• Maintain a high level of organisation to ensure the effective tracking of editorial material for both print products.
• Design pages (from scratch and/or using libraries/templates)
• Liaise with editors, designers and heads of department to ensure the delivery of appropriately packaged high-quality content
• Able to work a flexible five day rota across a seven day operation
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate is likely to have three years design experience gained in newspapers or magazines and technical knowledge of InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator. As this role involves working across a variety of products at a fast-moving pace, it is critical that this person thrives in a varied and demanding environment, being able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines. In return you will get to work for a well recognised establishment that is a market leader within national press.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your application firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 31st of August 2012.