This job is no longer available
Senior Assistant Producer- Omnisport
Summary of Role
Experienced broadcast journalist required to take a leading role in all of Omnisport’s products.
The successful candidate will assist in the production of a daily sports news service for TV, Broadband and Mobile, as well as a daily sports magazine show and weekly football show.
You will be central in shaping Perform’s sports news service, a truly multiplatform venture with various future prospects and challenges, and must be prepared to assist in all aspects of content production.
Senior Assistant Producers will be required to take on the role of a Producer, so experience of managing small teams is an advantage.
You must have experience in scripting, voicing and editing packages. The daily sports news service produces content in various forms to tight deadlines. Flexibility will be required as it will be necessary to work some unsocial hours in a rotating shift pattern.
You will be based in our Feltham offices so it is essential, due to the nature of the hours, that you can arrange your journey to and from work outside of public transport hours.
• To assist the Producer and take responsibility for your news stories being delivered to an editorially high standard: deliver original, high quality scripts and produce pictures and graphics with energy and skill.
• To manage the team in the absence of the Producer, making editorial decisions and co-ordinating the Assistant Producers and Production Assistants.
• To deliver voiced reports to a broadcast standard.
• To make judgements and selections appropriate to programme service requirements.
• To develop an understanding of new technologies used in the delivery of a multi-platform programme and to use the equipment needed to execute this.
• To operate Avid-based editing suite to a broadcast standard to produce your own features.
• To manage the delivery of multi-format programme files when required and develop an understanding of the equipment needed to deal with this efficiently.
• To work well to tight deadlines and to offer creative and flexible solutions to the Producer to develop and shape the product and realise its full potential across multiple platforms.
• To build and maintain a proactive and collaborative relationship with in-house teams, and have an understanding of technical and delivery aspects of TV.
• To play a central role in a regular product review process, including regular meetings with the project team.
• To take every opportunity to learn from the producer and be able to run the programme in the future.
• To interpret ideas/stories/angles in a way that demonstrates an understanding of news on all platforms.
• To demonstrate balanced and objective judgement and editorial decisions based on a thorough understanding of editorial guidelines.
• First rate knowledge of and interest in sport.
• Experience of managing small teams to deliver a product accurately, creatively and on time is preferred.
• Current experience of delivering voice reports to a broadcast standard is preferred.
• Experience of editing sports news and features to a broadcast standard.
• Creative thinking is a must as well as the ability to interpret this in a clear and concise manner.
• Team Player.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure coupled with working to tight deadlines.
• Broadcast journalism qualification an advantage.
• Languages would be an advantage.
25 days annual leave, Bupa Private Healthcare up to Family Cover, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), Pension, Season Ticket Loan, and Childcare voucher Scheme. We also offer free car parking, breakfast, fruit, pastries and soft drinks. Please Note- some of these benefits will not be available to you, until successful completion of your probation.
PERFORM is the world leader at broadcasting and commercialising sport in digital media. Through industry leading production, technical and commercial solutions, PERFORM maximises the returns for sports associations, rights holders, football clubs, content publishers, bookmakers, media groups, mobile operators and broadcasters around the world.
We currently stream over 15,000 live events each year and has developed over 240 web, video broadband and mobile sites for clients including the ATP, Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, FIBA, FEI, PSA, FLi and Chelsea FC, that serve over 17 million monthly unique users.
PERFORM also owns and operates e-Player, the leading global sports VOD network which currently streams 40 million on demand sports clips every month through major publisher group websites. With headquarters in London, PERFORM employs over 600 staff and has offices located globally.
For the latest information on PERFORM please visit us at www.performgroup.co.uk