This job is no longer available
We’re looking for a hard-working, ultra-organised Chief Sub Editor to join the Boots Parenting Club team at Redwood. This job entails working with one of Redwood’s most established clients, across seven publications on the Boots Parenting Club account.
The ideal candidate applying for this specialist role will have an excellent level of Boots Parenting Club, baby and parenting expertise. We’re also looking for someone with a can-do attitude, who can not only work by themselves but also as part of a very close-knit team. They will adore order and perfecting process, have a meticulous eye for detail and be dedicated to hitting deadlines.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensuring the content of all publications is accurate, consistent and correct, by ensuring all copy is subject to rigorous fact checking, subbing and proofreading
- Generating original, creative headlines and captions
- Writing copy and features as required, covering subjects such as baby development and health, plus mums’ health and wellbeing
- Maintaining and developing efficient, transparent processes and tracking systems
- Running the busy subs desk and managing any freelance staff
- Overseeing the day-to-day work-flow, tracking page progress and communicating status with team members
- Liaise with production and account management departments to ensure projects are completed to time, budget and quality
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Extensive experience as a Chief Sub or Production Editor, ideally in parenting media
- Ability to be flexible and pragmatic
- Superior client handling skills
- Excellent and accurate written English and creative flair
- Fantastic team-working skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to keep a clear head under pressure and be good at juggling a long list of actions
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and InDesign
Please send a covering letter and CV by Friday, 17th September 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.