This job is no longer available
Online Editor to start in Oct
GB Mag, the UKs only lifestyle media for the 600,000+ international students that choose the UK every year, is looking for a talented editor to join the team at their offices in the heart of Shoreditch.
We're looking for a skilled, enthusiastic editor with at least a year's experience editing a market-leading web site. You will have excellent editorial skills, able to write fast, accurate copy and assess the work of others. You will have experience of multiple CMS and a firm grasp of SEO and Google analytics. You'll also have a clear idea of how all these tools can be combined with social media to engage and build an audience.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead and motivate a team and produce daily content of a high standard. And whilst our niche is unique an understanding of the international student audience would be an added bounce.
The ideal candidate will have all or most of these skills, and where lacking must demonstrate the ability to learn fast.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate the junior content producer and a regular flow of interns
• Good networking skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with universities, PRs and contributors
• Strong editorial ideas and the ability to write and edit copy, so that it is engaging and accurate. I good eye for detail is essential as we turn around two to three features for the website daily
• Produce weekly and longer term editorial schedules in consultation with the team, that will include big diary events and lifestyle articles and features that will appeal to our audience
• Use and develop the SEO, social media strategy and use Google analytics to assess the success or otherwise of stories and adjust their editorial approach accordingly.
If you think you have the skills, enthusiasm and energy for this role apply by sending in your CV, covering letter and one idea for a piece of editorial that would grab the attention of an international student to email@example.com by 7 Sept.