This job is no longer available
Location: Washington, D.C.
Copy edit and proofread magazine articles, reports, policy papers, online content, brochures, and other ULI materials through all stages of production to publication; manage the production of reports and books as assigned by the senior editor.
- Edits and proofreads articles, headlines, and captions for Urban Land magazine, with attention to logic, organization, redundancy, grammar, and style. Manages documents from manuscript stage to publication.
- Copy edits and manages the production cycle of reports, panel reports, and policy papers, as assigned; requires working with authors, project directors, and layout artists to keep projects on schedule and error-free.
- Copy edits and manages several annual reports from manuscript stage through proofs to publication.
- Helps in the copy editing of materials for the website and online magazine, and other ULI materials; occasionally writes short articles for magazine and online magazine.
- Steps in to manage reports and books as assigned by the senior editor.
- Helps staff members with general writing, usage, grammar, punctuation, and house style matters/questions.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or English.
Three to five years of experience as professional copy editor.
Familiarity with questions of publications style; familiarity with the Chicago style preferred.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
Ability to interact effectively with internal project managers and outside contractors.
Writing experience and experience editing for the web are pluses.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please indicate that you are applying for the “Editor” position. The Urban Land Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. AND MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!