This job is no longer available
Location: New York, NY
WealthManagement.com and Rep. magazine - the retail wealth management industry’s leading media brands for the past 35 years - are seeking web-savvy, entry-level to mid-level reporters/editors with some experience in business and finance, a willingness to learn, initiative, an ability to generate story ideas and attention to detail. We are looking for dogged reporters to produce daily content for the website, as well as report/write longer features for the monthly print publication.
In addition to reporting/writing, the position provides an opportunity to become involved in all aspects of putting together a formidable and influential online/print publication; you’ll help edit the website, come up with innovative ways to engage our fast growing audience of wealth managers and financial advisors, attend conferences and trade shows and find the story angles others miss.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Regularly confers with editor and other staff members to generate story ideas, formulate coverage outlines, and otherwise discuss topics for self-generated articles and other projects.
• Assists editor in coordinating the editorial workflow, quality control, and shipping processes for assigned publications, supplements, and other special projects.
• Develops, maintains, and utilizes knowledge of industry trends, competitive environment, editorial vision.
• Attends industry conferences, trade shows, and other events, representing the publication and the Company as required.
• Writes for digital and print editions regularly
• Blogs 2-3 times a week, tweets daily
• Manage freelance staff and copyedit their pieces
• College Degree in English or Journalism
• 2-3 years Journalism/editorial experience
• 2-3 years financial industry experience
• Knowledge of basic HTML, Photoshop, and InCopy
• Have a strong handle on best ways to use and leverage effective digital communications tools, from building a presence in social networks to developing multimedia elements
• Adept multi-tasker and deadline-oriented
• Motivated self-starter with ideas
• B2B experience a+
If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization and are ready to work smart, think fast, act radically and bravely, we would enjoy speaking with you about the opportunities available to join our team. Please submit your resume along with salary requirements for this job posting to: email@example.com. PLEASE MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!