This job is no longer available
HJi is looking for a special projects editor to take responsibility for the progress and digital strategy of the site. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the digital environment and will have had some experience of managing website launches.
This role is for maternity cover and the ideal candidate will be required to work three days a week.
1. Working as directed by the publishing director to deliver on project goals – and vision - in tandem with the editorial, digital and commercial strategies
2. Liaising with the web producer for the day-to-day delivery of sponsored editorial projects in line with editorial and sponsors’ expectations
3. Working closely with the development team to deliver new functionality and ensure the smooth delivery of migration projects
4. Project-managing new digital innovations within the group.
5. Working with the publishing director and the editorial team to uphold the quality and integrity of editorial content on HJi
6. Implementing processes that ensure effective and high quality delivery of the projects
7. Keeping abreast of all the different projects and their potential for development
8. Keeping abreast of developments across the hairdressing industry that could lead to the research and development of new sponsorship and project opportunities
9. Work closely with central departments such as marketing, jobs, events and the development team.
• Proven project management, writing and communications skills
• Able to develop a network of people and businesses to support the expanding projects business
• Web savvy, has knowledge of the latest web trends and technologies and an interest in exploiting new ways to deliver on project objectives including design, video and social media
• Proven experience of building and selling sponsorship propositions, as well as development of strategic commercial relationships
• The ideal person will be a negotiator who is able to push for changes to be made to the HJi site.
• A can-do thinker. The role will involve experimentation so it must be someone who is prepared to try things and then evaluate the results.
• An interest in hair and or fashion, although experience in these fields is not necessary.
RBI General Benefits Package
• Pension Scheme
• 29 Days Holiday
• Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
• Life Insurance (4x salary)
• Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
• Competitive Salaries
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.