This job is no longer available
Web Editor, Hubert Burda Media UK
Hubert Burda Media UK is seeking an experienced Web Editor who can manage aspects of our digital communications across the portfolio. They should have experience of managing a web presence and carrying out communications in a busy, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, who is passionate about online communities and new media, with plenty of proven experience working in these areas. Applicants must have an excellent understanding of web journalism and technology news, plus a good working knowledge of tools such as Google Adwords/Google Analytics and SEO. Our ideal applicant will have a firm grasp of the importance of user generated content and user interface, have used CMS previously, and be be clued up on the social media marketing potentialities. Knowledge of HTML and Dreamweaver would be a fantastic bonus, and excellent communication skills are a must. All applicants must have excellent journalistic and writing skills.
• Create content for and update websites across various titles, particularly the kitchen, bathroom and wedding industries.
• Update and create content for social media platforms updates (Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, Pinterest, You Tube etc)
• Build and send regular newsletters.
• Work closely magazine teams to ensure any relevant magazine content is going online, as well as supporting them in uploading content themselves.
• Work closely with the sales teams to ensure all appropriate ads and supporting content is added to websites.
• Work closely with the Digital Manager and technical team to drive the future direction of content on the sites and the overall sites themselves.
• Excellent editorial skills with a sound understanding of writing for the web and engaging online audiences, as well as understanding how to write for SEO purposes.
• Ability to alter their style of writing to reflect their audience.
• Ability to undertake research using a variety of sources.
• Has a thorough and precise approach to their work with a good attention to detail.
• Solid experience contributing to or managing websites.
• Knowledge of digital trends.
• Knowledge of a range of applications and software including social media platforms, content management systems, including blogging software, and image-editing software.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to respond flexibly to changing priorities, plus be able to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to use their own initiative, as well as work as part of a team.
This is a full-time position, based in our Colchester office – please not it is NOT a London position.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org