This job is no longer available
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Content Manager to join one of the UK’s fastest-growing startups. In just 18 months, Scribol.com has grown to 38m unique visitors and has partnered with some of the web’s leading properties. This is the opportunity to get in early, at rapid growth phase.
As a Content Manager editor you will be directly responsible for identifying and tweaking viral content and will report directly to the Managing Editor. Some of the elements of the role include:
• Publishing content: title angling, image editing and content selection
• Pursuing the highest standards of quality for the network while remaining in constant communicating with the editorial team
• Tracking, recording and analyzing data for the network, noting addition of new sites, as well as overall network data
• Working with full team to identify new features and functionality
• Evangelization of Scribol to the wider community
The role is based in our office in Holborn, right at the heart of Central London and is easily reachable by Tube and by bus.
Desired Skills & Experience
The role will require the following skills:
• Outstanding ability to create and select the best headlines
• Excellent image editing skills and an artistic eye for detail
• Experience with using online content management systems
• Excellent grasp of English language and of editing applied across various written styles
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Superlative communication skills, maintaining contact with Scribol team and with clients
• Excellent time management skills - being able to juggle a large workload, yet being able to produce work of a consistently high standard of quality
• Background in software engineering (particularly machine learning) or mathematics (mainly statistics) will make you stand out from the crowd
The person we’re looking for
At Scribol we value people who have great ideas and relish a challenge. We value loyalty and hard work, but we also value humour and people who don’t take themselves too seriously. For this role:
• You are highly energetic and proactive. You’re the kind of person that likes to make things happen. You get things done.
• You have a real desire to learn and participate.
• You are entrepreneurial at heart and you thrive in a start-up environment. You’re the kind of person who prefers to use resourcefulness over resources.
• You are emotionally intelligent and adept at tying the customer’s needs to the services we offer.
• You are highly logical and pragmatic. You like to deploy your time on tasks that have the highest return on investment.
• You LOVE data and spreadsheets because they give you all the information you need in order to project the growth of what you’re working on.
• You are passionate about the latest developments in technology and have an interest in the challenges facing publishers and creators of content.
• You’re a fast learner and are open to constructive criticism.
• You have a sense of humour and work well with other people.
Scribol was founded in November 2010 and is an audience-building tool for Tier 1 publishers. The concept is simple: we connect our users to great content and in the process help our publishers skyrocket their traffic.
Our partners include some of the largest websites on the internet: Turner, AOL, Village Voice Media, Break.com, College Humor and hundreds more.
We’re a small and friendly team who share a common goal: to build one of the greatest products on the internet and have fun along the way.