This job is no longer available
Location: McLean, VA
Position will be responsible for the editorial programming for all USA TODAY mobile and tablet products. Key duties: Is the hands-on editor selecting content for both the mobile and tablet products; produces digital content as needed; works with content teams, bloggers, graphics editors and video team on upcoming content; coordinates with digital development on deployment of any special mobile features; constantly monitors all mobile, tablet and other devices to ensure timeliness and quality of content and applications. Position will also work with the social media and user generated content groups on engagement efforts. Works with the Mobile Ops editor and Mobile manager to develop best practices for workflow and programming.
- Handling the daily maintenance of the USA TODAY mobile products. Will include programming content, monitoring of various devices, producing digital content, working with newsroom editors on upcoming features, coordinating with stakeholders in IT and manually update products as needed.
- Assist in the development/implementation of publishing tools and protocol for products.
- Assist mobile manager in monitoring competitive field for new, innovative ways of presenting content on mobile devices.
- Assist in developing/implementing best practices guidelines for mobile content.
- Bachelors degree.
- At least two years experience in producing and managing digital content. Mobile experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of mobile industry.
- Must have digital publishing experience - at least two years managing content in a news environment preferred
- Solid understanding of writing/packaging content for and engaging a digital audience.
- Must have experience with using social media platforms and with reader engagement initiatives
- Demonstrate solid news judgment and knowledge of digital trends
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends, at times with minimal supervision
- Should be technically savvy and adept at troubleshooting problems.
- Must be attentive to detail and team-oriented.
Please apply via the Gannett Careers portal at:
https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=Gannett&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fUS&career_job_req_id=8282&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=gIkMN6WpyYkf7PwgeBETSjDY9S0%3d MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!