This job is no longer available
HFMWeek, the award-winning weekly hedge fund publication, is looking for a bright, ambitious, experienced and hard-working news editor to cover this fast-paced and growing sector.
The candidate will be required to write across the industry – taking in hedge fund management firms and their service providers. They should also show a real aptitude for managing the weekly news output of HFM’s busy and productive team.
HFMWeek prides itself on its ability to break exclusive news and we expect candidates to demonstrate a real hunger for original stories, developing contacts and maintaining the magazine’s commitment to the best in financial journalism.
In return we offer travel, a competitive salary and a real opportunity to join a talented team of journalists.
The position requires:
• A fresh and original approach to news gathering. HFMWeek is a fast-paced news environment; we want a competitive individual capable of beating others to the latest hedge fund news.
• Experience of covering asset management or another part of the financial services sector. Although some hedge fund knowledge is desired, we will consider candidates with a solid news background and a proven track record in another area of the financial journalism.
• The ability to creatively edit the work of a team of talented journalists. We are looking for candidates who are capable of spotting hidden angles, accentuating a story’s best features and making sure that HFM is always pushing the news agenda.
• The ability to come up with fresh ideas for news features. HFMWeek has developed a reputation for being first with new research and emerging themes. We expect the new editor to continue this tradition.
• Be thorough, organised and have the ability to sort and save leads from multiple sources in a uniform and organised way. You will be expected to present fresh news ideas at a weekly editorial meeting.
• The ability to talk to senior financial professionals.
• Excellent time management skills. The news editor will be expected to schedule weekly meeting with sources, while meeting the demanding deadlines of a busy news agenda.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the role to Tony Griffiths, firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning that you found this job on Gorkana.
Registered job seekers can apply via the "Apply" button below.
Successful applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview. For more information on HFMWeek go to www.hfmweek.com.