This job is no longer available
EDITOR/ MANAGING EDITOR (client – and in-house publications)
Location London, W4
Business MATCHBOX PUBLISHING
Hours of Work Full time
Start Date Immediately
Salary £30000 per annum
Matchbox magazine launched in April 2006 as west London’s premier lifestyle magazine with a monthly readership of over 280.000. It is the flagship title of Matchbox Publishing, which also provides clients with a range of content marketing solutions via consumer and customer publications and digital opportunities.
The role: We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our team as Managing Editor. This role reports to the Editorial Director and will be tasked with overseeing and editing across a range of our client and in-house publications, including the soon to be released digital platform for Matchbox magazine.
You will provide original up-to-date content and fresh ideas that comply with Matchbox’s and our clients’ philosophy. This is the perfect chancefor a deputy editor or equivalent, looking to take the next step up in their career.
• Managing and planning all publications and content marketing projects from start to finish, generating editorial content and ideas, setting editorial calendars and flat plans, commissioning thein-house team and freelance writers and photographers, writing features,managing the sub-editing process – with a local focus on trends, style, fashion, food, culture, celebrities etc.
• Content planning of our new release in-house magazine app
• Directing special projects from supplements to content-led marketing campaigns
• Developing and overseeing content across social media channels
• Managing and developing the editorial team including appraisals, regular feedback, recruitment and training and leading ideas meetings with the team.
• Working closely with the art director and design team ensuring layouts are delivered on schedule
• Building relationships with contributors and external contacts such as partners, clients and press agencies
• Representing Matchbox, helping to expand and further establish the brand
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Experience of working to strict deadlines in a pressured and dynamic environment, with excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Proven leadership and management skills
• Several years of editorial experience at senior level with sharp copy-writing and editing skills
• Extensive experience of the commissioning process, flat planning, subbing, working with InDesign, and other core production functions.
• Keen eye for trends, creative content ideas, layout and design
• Up to date understanding of digital opportunities and wider industry opportunities
• Acting as an ambassador for Matchbox’s development you will have strong contact book, exceptional communication and networking skills, a great sense of personal style, originality and creativity.
• A thorough knowledge of London will be an advantage
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - strong grasp of spelling and grammar is essential.
Please email your CV, along with a covering letter to the Editorial Director: firstname.lastname@example.org