This job is no longer available
Start date: 15 October 2012 (six month post)
The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) – a high-profile national body representing the interests of 51 accredited Chambers and over 100,000 business members – seeks to recruit a Marketing and Communications intern. We are looking for someone who can start in mid-October (ideally 15 October), and who can work 5 days a week. This post is a fixed term post for 6 months. It is crucial that the intern is available to complete the full period.
The role will include:
• Working as part of a small, busy team for a high profile organisation to ensure the smooth running of all press office and marketing activity
• Daily monitoring of newspapers, and compiling a daily update
• Helping to plan BCC external events
• Drafting and editing internal newsletters
• Maintaining press lists and managing databases
• Updating BCC website and developing content for social media channels
• Assist with the development of a suite of case studies to support the BCC’s Business is Good for Britain campaign
• Provide general marketing assistance as required
• Graduate in a relevant subject
• Excellent organisational and IT skills, with good attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
• Self-motivated and independent work ethic, but with strong teamwork skills
• A proven interest in PR & marketing
• Sound knowledge and keen interest in business, economics and politics
• Good spelling and grammar
• Good oral and written communication skills
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A COVERING LETTER, UP-TO-DATE CV AND 250 WORDS ON ‘Does the media impact on the performance of the UK economy?’ TO LISA MORRISON (email@example.com, or 65 Petty France, London SW1H 9EU).
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND IN ALL CASES BY 1st OCTOBER 2012.