This job is no longer available
Assistant Web Producer
Looking for an exciting and challenging role in web production and front-end development?
As assistant web producer at Farmers Weekly you will mix front-end development and content delivery in an exciting, fast-paced multi-media environment with an award winning website owned by one of the UK’s leading Business-to-Business publishers.
An ideal role for someone looking for a first or second role of this type, you are likely to be at graduate level or similar and able to demonstrate examples of content delivery and innovation.
Farmers Weekly Interactive is the UK’s top independent website serving the farming sector. With over 400,000 unique users and around 3.5m page impressions a month, the website is at the core of a digital growth strategy within Farmers Weekly Group and is a priority market within Reed Business Information’s portfolio.
The role is one of six new positions being created in Farmers Weekly’s technology (development) & production teams reflecting RBI’s accelerated investment in one of its leading markets.
- Update and evolve site CSS according to requirements
- Working with key internal stakeholders, help deliver design and technical elements of (commercially supported) content that will drive traffic to FWi portfolio of websites
- Innovating and initiating new technical content ideas that can be adopted by production and editorial teams
- Working alongside web producer to liaise with the technology team to ensure delivery of site upgrades and bug fixes
- Active participant in the User Acceptability Testing process of enhancements and fixes
- Notifying site defects and required fixes
Key Skills Required:
- Must understand technical aspects of effective site performance, SEO, navigation etc
- MS Office capable
- Good understanding of social media including familiarity with key components of community websites – including blogs, forums, video and audio
- Understanding of Photoshop
- Knowledge of EPiserver, Word Press, Dreamweaver, FotoWeb helpful but not essential
The post is likely to suit a graduate or equivalent, but the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a passion for front-end type work and be able to demonstrate examples of innovation in delivery of multi-media website content.
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Competitive Salaries
- Group Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)