This job is no longer available
Freelance financial/banking and business writers and editors
VitalBriefing, a Luxembourg-based company providing tailored business news and analysis, is hiring freelance writers and editors to work from home developing financial and business-related content.
We are initially offering steady contract work, but over time this could lead to full-time writing and editing positions.
The ability to write clear and concise English, along with a set of sharp editing skills, is a must. Knowledge of banking, finance, investment funds and related issues is a definite advantage; the ability to read material in other languages is important too. Wire service writing and/or editing experience will be an advantage.
Successful writer and editor candidates will be self-starters who can work quickly and efficiently, and:
• Learn and use search tools and content management systems
• Get up to speed with new topics and fields
• Synthesise information from a variety of sources
• Combine brevity with readability
• Make every word count for an audience of time-pressured professionals who require depth, accuracy and relevance
• Adjust business writing tone and voice for multiple professional and non-professional (financial industry customer) audiences
• Demonstrate reliability in meeting fixed deadlines.
When responding, please include your CV, examples of your work, and where possible URLs for your LinkedIn profile and/or personal web site.
To apply or for further information, please e-mail email@example.com.