This job is no longer available
Position: Digital producer, WSJ.com Europe
Reports to: Editor, WSJ.com Europe
Location: Fleet Place, London
WSJ.com Europe provides breaking news and analysis to more than 3m readers across the continent every month. The digital producer plays an important role in our visual journalism, helping tell our stories through still photographs, graphics and video.
Position Summary Statement:
The digital producer plays an important role in our visual journalism, helping tell our stories through still photographs, graphics and video.
The successful candidate will:
• ensure still photography is well-used across the Europe edition, on home pages, story pages and in galleries
• ensure the edition makes best use of graphics, researching (or working with reporters to research) data for graphics, and working to produce those graphics for use on the site
• assist the video team with production work in the office or on location
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Demonstrable skill/experience with selection and use of news photography
• Reporting and/or news research experience, especially handling data
• Computer literacy, including familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and simple HTML, and enthusiasm for learning more
• Excellent, accurate written English
• Strong presentation skills, and an outgoing and energetic personality
• Experience as a still photographer and/or videographer
• News reporting experience
• Experience shooting news video
• More sophisticated HTML and/or Flash programming expertise
• Experience with data handling & visualization tools; ie. Tableau, Google Fusion etc etc
We invite interested candidates to submit a cover letter and a detailed CV stating your qualifications, contact details and current and expected salary to email@example.com
Please note that only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Friday 19th October 2012.