This job is no longer available
DEPUTY EDITOR, EUROPEAN GAS MARKETS
The successful applicant will be a journalist or editor with proven experience in the European gas markets. The candidate should have editing experience.
The Deputy is expected to assist the Editor in commissioning copy from ICIS’s team of gas reporters and ensuring the quality and timeliness of delivery.
They will be expected to take full responsibility for the publication in the Editor’s absence. This includes commissioning and editing copy, as well as ensuring the accuracy of the report data.
The Deputy will be assigned regional gas news beats and be expected to produce regular copy for all European gas publications. They will also be expected to cover gas market assessments for the daily publication.
The role involves working with the editor to develop the publication and make sure it stays relevant and competitive in this rapidly changing industry.
The successful candidate will develop specialist knowledge in all areas of the European gas business, both short and long term, spot trade and contract. Travel to conferences and to meet contacts and customers will be expected.
1. Cover news and features for ICIS gas market publications
2. Take full responsibility for organising EGM content and for the accurate and timely publication of EGM in the editor’s absence.
3. Commission new copy for EGM and feed back to reporters
4. Take on queries and corrections for EGM in the editor’s absence.
5. Regularly cover regional gas markets for ESGM.
6. Train new reporters on relevant markets and news beats when necessary.
7. Contribute copy to the quarterly hub report.
8. Cover some gas conferences and press events for EGM and the daily.
9. Suggest ideas for improvement of EGM
Key skills required
1. Strong initiative and willingness to learn in an information business environment
2. Excellent analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
3. Attention to detail
4. Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple assignments
1. Demonstrable experience in the European gas markets
2. Editing experience
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
RBI General Benefits Package
• Pension Scheme
• 29 Days Holiday
• Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
• Life Insurance (4x salary)
• Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
• Competitive Salaries