This job is no longer available
Royal Collection Trust, the largest department of the Royal Household, seeks an Assistant Press Officer with a keen news sense, strong networking skills and the confidence and ability to handle a variety of prestigious projects. You will be part of the team responsible for the promotion of the official residences of The Queen, including Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle, as well as Royal Collection Trust’s ambitious exhibition and publishing programmes.
The ideal candidate will have created innovative media plans in support of commercial targets and developed fruitful relationships across a range of channels, including print, broadcast, digital and social media. Responsibility for the promotion of Royal Collection Trust’s retail business will be an important focus of your role, so experience of building a retail brand through media relations and PR activity would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have a track record in media relations, journalism or another relevant environment, ideally within the retail or publishing sector, and a substantial contact base. Impeccable written and verbal communications skills, combined with the ability to produce engaging copy, are essential. To succeed, you must have a naturally collaborative approach and a talent for building good working relationships internally and externally.
To apply for this position you should have:
• A degree (or equivalent qualification)
• Experience of delivering campaigns across a range of media, including online content, blogs and social networks
• Hands-on experience of reactive media-relations work and sound judgement about responses to the media
• The ability to represent the organisation with credibility and authority
• Extremely high standards of copywriting and editing, with an eye for detail
• A proactive and innovative approach, and a high degree of creativity and flair
• The ability to work under pressure and to manage competing deadlines
In return we offer a comprehensive range of benefits, including: development opportunities, a 15% employer contribution to a pension scheme, free parking and 20% discount in all Royal Collection shops.
How to apply
For further information and to apply online please visit: www.royal.gov.uk/recruitment
Closing date: 31 October 2012