This job is no longer available
Title: Editor, MyDaily.co.uk
Reports to: Editor-In-Chief, Huffington Post UK
Location: London, WC1E
Position Type: Permanent
AOL Huffington Post Media Group UK is a division of AOL Huffington Post Media Group International that is responsible for AOL’s consumer media businesses outside of North America. AOL Huffington Post Media Group UK includes the editorial business operations of AOL’s consumer media business In UK, which include The Huffington Post UK, MyDaily, Parentdish and the AOL UK network of sites.
AOL UK is a top five digital media company in terms of audience, top three in IPA Media Owner Effectiveness Awards, and has continued to grow its rankings in each editorial vertical building brands such as MyDaily into the UK’s biggest women’s fashion and beauty site.
AOL has in excess of 11m unique visitors in the UK each month. The Huffington Post UK was launched in July 2011 and has already surpassed 2.5m unique visitors per month. The Huffington Post in the US was launched in 2006 and quickly grew to become one of America’s most respected online newspapers.
Purpose of role
As Editor of the UK’s biggest style website you’ll be responsible for all content on MyDaily.co.uk, spanning A-list celebrity news and style posts, blogs, original video and more. Most important, you’ll be buzzing with ideas and have the creative vision to inspire even more readers to engage with the MyDaily brand and grow the MyDaily community.
The ideal candidate will already have a number of years behind them as a fashion or celebrity journalist and will either already be an editor of a site, or an ambitious deputy looking for that next step up the ladder. You’ll be an exceptional writer with proven experience on online publications at national level. Recent SEO training will be helpful while an appreciation of the power of social media is crucial.
Key Role Accountabilities
• Oversee the creation and promotion of engaging, high impact fashion and celebrity stories
• Grow the MyDaily community through creative use of social media and high quality editorial
• Be the face of the brand, from PR appointments and press interviews to hosting blogger and reader events
• Ensure implementation of SEO best practices across the site
• Encourage collaboration and actively engage with people in other teams and departments across the company to ensure that MyDaily remains a profitable business
• A high level of editorial experience with an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things style and celebrity, as well as what makes women aged 20-35 click
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, creatively demanding work environment that requires meticulous attention to detail
• Endless energy and ideas for high quality and fun editorial, and exceptional drive to maximise its visibility and impact
• A skilled manager who can inspire a team to create an engaging and growing website that meets the needs of its audience
• Strong network of relevant industry contacts
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Excellent organisational skills
• Positive, collaborative team player
• Enthusiastic self-starter
• Innovative problem solver
• Thrives under pressure
• Availability: From mid-November 2012
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelors degree
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Previous online publishing experience at national level including editing, SEO concepts, social media growth and promotion
• Extensive knowledge of social media sites, with plenty of ideas about how to engage MyDaily's reader community on the issues of the day
• Have and maintain a wide knowledge of celebrity, fashion and beauty news, as well as trends in social strategy and digital media
• Ability to analyse traffic data and track metrics, and come up with strategies that respond to them
• Good understanding of HTML, Photoshop and blog publishing platforms
Apply through the link - https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25237&siteid=36&areq=124930BR