This job is no longer available
Location: New York, NY
Marketing role at leading Book Marketing and Publishing Consultancy firm.
New York Office.
Rate payable per campaign assigned or by day rate, upon consultation.
Flexible working hours are possible.
Authoright, the UK’s leading book marketing and publishing consultancy, with offices in London and New York, is looking for a dynamic, experienced and confident marketer / journalist to join their small but hard-working US office in a freelance / part-time capacity to work on their book marketing campaigns.
You will be office based when working on our assignments and will be responsible for planning and orchestrating the marketing services we offer our author, publisher and literary agent clients.
Marketing experience is not essential; we are looking for someone with a keen understanding of how the US media works, with exceptional abilities to analyse a story and to pitch it creatively and effectively to the relevant mass and niche media, covering print, broadcast and online. Your role will include drafting expertly written press releases, researching bespoke contact lists for use in our marketing campaigns, and marketing our authors and their books to the media over a set time period, securing book reviews, feature articles, author interviews and promotional opportunities designed to raise the profile of both author and publication.
This role will appeal to any freelancer who enjoys a challenge and can think quickly and creatively about how best to achieve media exposure for a very wide range of new titles, both traditionally and self-published, by new and little-known writers.
You'll need to:
• Be a confident communicator, able to explain the marketing process and the realities of dealing with the press to our author clients.
• Quickly build rapport with new clients.
• Manage your authors expectations effectively.
• Be tenacious and creative.
• Develop and finesse a strong understanding of working with the media and the modern changes / challenges of the publishing industry.
• Be capable of independent research.
• Be able to pitch fiction, non-fiction and real-life story-led books emphatically and effectively to relevant journalists, delivering our books in such as way as too make them easier for journalists to engage with.
• Deal with inquiries from prospective author clients
• Report directly to senior staff based at the London office, in terms of your workflow, author success stories and any relevant information.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the high level of response anticipated. Successful candidates must be available for interview in New York during the week of 29th October or 5th November 2012. Email resumes to Hayley Radford, Director of Marketing at email@example.com. PLEASE MENTION GORKANA WHEN APPLYING!!