This job is no longer available
Mumsnet, the popular online community, is looking for a dynamic and creative Editor to lead its editorial and community teams.
The successful candidate will have a flair for devising and generating original and compelling content. He or she will have exciting ideas on how to develop content from Mumsnet's hugely popular discussion boards and will be able to develop imaginative ways of collaborating with the Mumsnet community. He or she will have an excellent knowledge of web metrics and a proven track record of building traffic and engagement.
Most importantly he or she will have a feel for the Mumsnet community and strong instincts about the kind of content Mumsnetters appreciate. Experience with video would be an advantage.
Role and responsibilities:
• Creative oversight of daily output and promotion of user-generated content
• Creative oversight of new features and projects that develop these areas
• Collaborate with tech, business and marketing re strategic
opportunities for content and communications team
• Act as an ambassador for the community on and offline
• Excellent editorial judgement and ideas
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven track record of generating ideas in an online publishing environment
• Management experience and skills
• Keen interest in current affairs and domestic politics
• Passion for social media and a keen interest in viral content
• A sophisticated grasp of publishing platforms and digital media market trends as they affect content and business development
The role is full time.
Salary £55,000 to £65,000 pa
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org