This job is no longer available
Global Digital Producer
The demand for the new role of Global Digital Producer has come about due to our ever-expanding major markets using many new ways to communicate with their audiences. This role unites the different strands of editorial delivery, bringing together for the first time web, interactive, magazines, tablet editions, video and livestreaming.
The role focuses on the delivery and development of digital content in all its formats – copy, images video, illustration and audio – in the most efficient and audience friendly way.
We expect our Global Digital Producer to be a highly motivated, organised and passionate person who uses strategic thinking to develop initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness and quality of digital developments.
The smooth day-to-day running of the RBI’s global digital workflow:
• Staff management and development responsibilities
• Management of external contributors, ensuring they meet deadlines and budget expectations
• Drive digital policy
• Ensure the best solutions are driven through within set budgets
• Ensure that all deadlines are adhered to
• Attend air shows, trade shows and other RBI offices when required
Contributes to the strategic planning and direction of the titles/products/depts:
- Ensure working practices and toolsets keep abreast of current standards
- Help to develop digital policy
- Help to institute any required changes on workflow and production issues in line with overall business objectives.
Key skills required are:
• Solid digital production background
• Demonstrable people management skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a large team structure
• Proven ability to manage people and content across different offices and time zones
• Ability to recognise and implement strong content in the right media
• Ability to influence/persuade others
• Good organisational skills
• Self-starter with proven initiative
• Capable of generating creative ideas and innovating across all products.
• Good understanding of craft, combining typography, structure, grids, layout, image and colour to good effect.
• Proven experience in a busy digital environment.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to “muck in” when necessary
Member of title/product management team, with responsibility for liaison with other Section Heads in order to meet deadlines
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information Ltd is part of Reed Elsevier, a world leading provider of professional information solutions in the Science, Medical, Legal and Risk and Business sectors.
RBI General Benefits Package
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries